Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Couponing

I have been getting asked a lot lately about organizing couponing, so I thought I would do a post about it and see if I can answer some of the questions about it. This is how I do my coupons and this is what works best for me to get the best deals out there.  Here are some photos of my coupon binder.

The little pocket inside it to hold coupons I am going to use at checkout


One of my dividers. All I did was go on Word doc. created this and put it in a page protector.



Sorry this is blurry.


To show you the size of my binder


I use 3 different sizes for coupon holders. One of them is the most popular, the baseball card holders. another one (the one that holds 4) I found at hallmark on clearance and the 2 slot ones are the newest to the binder. I found them at staples and I love them for the bigger coupons so I don't have to fold a lot of the coupons.

I didn't start off with a big one. I started off with a 1 inch binder then moved up to a 2 inch binder now I  have a 3 inch binder. My suggestion is to start off small. I have been couponing for almost 2 years now.

This is where I got my coupon binder holder.  The binder itself is not included so you will need to buy one as well.  Alot of couponers found that using a zip up binder works for them which can be found at target or walmart for a reasonable price. The reason I am so in love with the way I do it is because more times then not I will have 3 little girls and a husband with me. So the strap is a lifesaver for me.

Inside my binder I have a zippered pencil/pen pouch that you can store items in

Some ideas to store in the zippered binder:
  • Small pair of scissors for coupon clipping
  • Calculator
  • Pad of paper (for grocery list making)
  • Coupon sorting mat (you can make your own)
  • Pens or pencils
The sections in your binder are up to you....what works best for you. Some people us A-Z (advil goes in A and a coupon for Kelloggs Cereal could go in K). Some others is by the simple catagories (breakfast, drinks, snacks, frozen, etc. etc.) If you go to one of my favorite couponing blogs The Krazy Coupon Lady she has a PDF file that has A TON of catagories that you can choose from.

If you have any questions please just ask I will try my best to answer them. I hope this has helped you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shopping Online