Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oatmeal cookies

When I was growing up my mom taught me how to bake. One of the many things that she taught me to bake is my dad's favorite oatmeal cookies. Once we moved to Texas I wasn't able to find the recipe and my mom had misplaced it as well. Then I finally found it! I had to make them. So with the help of my youngest daughter, Natily, these cookies were made. 



Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 2 dozen

1 C. All purpose flour
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. butter flavored shortening
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 C. quick cooking oats

1/4 C granulated sugar (for rolling the cookies in)

In mixing bowl stir first 6 ingredients together. Add shortening, egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir in oats. Form into balls and roll in a additional granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 F for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shopping Online